Located on the lake shore of Derwentwater near to the Lakeland market town of Keswick, the launch company offers Lake District cruises around Derwentwater throughout the year.
The launches start their journey from the Keswick boat landings and cruise around the lake stopping at seven lakeshore jetties where you may embark or join the various boats. Alternatively, stay on the boat and enjoy the 50 minute trip around Derwentwater.
The Keswick launches stop at every landing stage (weather permitting) around the lake during the cruise to allow passengers to embark or disembark the boat.
- KESWICK – Home of the Keswick Launch Company where you can buy tickets for the cruise or hire motor boats and rowing boats. There is also a small shop selling gifts, postcards, drinks and sweets.
- ASHNESS GATE – Stop here to head up towards Ashness Bridge, Surprise View or Watendlath (about 3 miles). Also disembark for Barrow House (Derwentwater YHA)
- LODORE – Stop here for the Lodore Hotel (Hilton), Mary Mount Hotel, Platty Plus sailing boat hire and tuition, the Lodore Falls (stunning waterfall) and Borrowdale Valley including Grange, Seatoller, etc
- HIGH BRANDELHOW – National Trust woodland and routes up Cat Bells and Maiden Moor
- LOW BRANDELHOW – Woods and parkland
- HAWSE END – Stop for the main route up Cat Bells, Derwent Bay Bears (wood carvings) and Newlands
- NICHOL END